Saturday, May 4, 2013

aurora




i love love Baler!
a photo essay

Baler will always have a special place in my heart. Once upon a time, a scared twenty-four year old me, so anxious of hitting the quarter mark, quit her job and found herself on a motorcycle ride to Ermita Hill, one of Baler's highest peak, with a stranger. If ever anyone will ask me which experience always make me come alive - this is it. 

For the next three years since, I kept on coming back. 

The view from the Ermita Hill. Two days after Christmas of the year 1735, the Ermita Hill was made a refuge of several families which survived the wrath of a tsunami. A shrine was built in the Ermita Hill to commemorate the said incident. (source: OAP)




Dimadimalangat islets by Diguisit bay. I've been to Baler countless of times but this is the first time I've been into and seen this rock formations. So beautiful.



It's an obstacle course with mollusks and other sea creatures you would not dare to step on to get to the huge boulders - it was worth it though...





























After a sumptuous eat-all-you-can breakfast at Bay's Inn (blog hop here) we trekked to the Ditumabo Falls. For the few hours that we have stayed there, it was all about nature - there were no other sound except those which the world had since its creation - the splashes, trickles and raging of water, the chirping of the little birds and wheezing of insects, the flutter of the butterflies, the dancing of the leaves...

In the afternoon until the next morning, we surfed our heart out like there is no tomorrow. I loved my sunset surfing experience. The waves were generous enough to let me ride through the shore countless of times, the sun, ever so gentle. I loved pausing for a while while facing down the board and just looking at the shore blanketed by the golden sunset. I will do this again. And again. And again.


 Little Epoy already surfs like a pro!


 I super love this long board! It's outlined in pink and all flowery!


Before heading back home, we visited dear ol' grandpop Balete tree. :)

See you in June, Baler!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment