Saturday, May 12, 2012

Robin Lim

Baguio, 2010.

Her stories were simple, and at that time, were not really the type of stories which interest me: natural birthing, midwifery and care for mothers and babies. I have no idea who she was but I stayed to listen because, one, it was my first time to attend a book launch (Butterfly People) and second, she talked about Indonesia and travels and uprooting of oneself from ones comforts and staying in an otherwise foreign community out of service and out of love.

One November afternoon in Baguio, I found myself in Upper Session Road to give in to my curiosity about this charming little bookshop in Casa Vallejo, Mt. Cloud Bookshop. I came for the book store. Nothing more. Nothing less. Little did I know that I will be meeting the future CNN Hero of the Year.





with Robin Lim at Mt. Cloud Bookshop, Baguio City, November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment