Sunday, May 6, 2012

Paperback

When the year started, I committed to reading one book per month and surprise, surprise, I am still on track!!

Books read since January 2012:

1) The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
2) The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
3) The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner
4) When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
5) Naked by David Sedaris
6) The Crazy Planets by Lourd De Veyra

Six books read and we're still on the 5th month of the year...oh happiness!!=) I started to really LOVE reading this year. I started picking up books to keep my sanity - I need something to keep my mind off work and what started as a tool to fulfill a need turned out to be one true love. I love the feeling of getting lost in the pages of my current reads. I love how books paint images and project scenes in my thoughts. I love the way they transform my mind into a colorful stage. I love how they make me "FEEL" smart and then I love how they make me actually smart - a little. haha!=) I love how books are among the few things which keep me still and how reading (leisure reading) makes me so FOCUSED. I am rarely focused. 

And there are so much more on deck to read - I keep on buying books, more than what I can accommodate with my very scarce free time - but I can't help it. And I think you will agree that among the many things that one can get addicted to - books are (probably) the safest and most recommended. 

I am currently in the "travel literature" phase so I bought one book each by Pico Iyer, Frances Mayes, the legendary Jack Kerouac, a collection of essays by Lonely Planet contributors and many more. Last Sunday, I dropped by Fully Booked in Gateway and they have this entire shelf of books dedicated to "food literature" and I can see myself diving into that anytime now. Maybe tomorrow. No, maybe tonight!

My Beautiful Homework: Books waiting to be read!!

















...and anything book-related is just as wonderful!

The Kansas Library. How cool is its design??

via tumblr




















PRETTY BOOKMARKS. Drool-worthy.=)

vintage comic bookmarks via etsy

paper doll bookmarks via etsy

















Happy Reading!!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment