Monday, February 7, 2011

MONDAY

Because it's Monday and I'm feeling the blues, I am posting this to remind myself to loosen up a bit.
written: December 28,2010

I write this towards the end of the year, when work pace is acceptably slow and when those who spend the short days after Christmas and before New Year in the office are either hardcore workaholics or sorry newbies not yet entitled to vacation leaves.
Guilty of both charges.

I remember welcoming December feeling that if it were not for the festive anticipation of Christmas, I am 100% sure I will not survive the month.
But seriously, I have been  having thoughts of the same kind in the past months.

November 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for the short trip to Baguio and my first shot at being a post-grad student.

October 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for our surfing trip in La Union. Super fun.

September 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if I do not get a job (which I eventually did towards the latter part of the month). And I would have died, had I not indulged in that solo muni-muni mode solo trip to Baler.

August 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for my birthday =p, if not for my unplanned visit to Cagayan Valley (home!), and if it were not for our wonderful Sagada trip. But honestly, the best thing I have ever done in August, which has been my salvation for the entire year is when I quit my second job.=) I was every bit irresponsible but it was my saving grace for the rest of the year.

July 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for our family trip to Quezon - and my first ever paycheck from my second company.

June 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for the independence day spent lazily at home (I needed that) and if it were not for the new job I felt so excited about.

May 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for the company bonus and the courage I mustered to finally submit to my boss my resignation letter. I loved my first company but I am nurturing some dream I could not even identify

April 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for the holy week vacation. Long and Lazy vacation. Sometimes, it's nice to take a break from work without any agenda but to sleep. And pray. (syempre naman..=D)

March 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if it were not for our Batangas trip. I love my friends. sobra!

February 2010: I wouldn't have survived the month if not for my busy-ness preparing for our cluster souvenir program. It required me to write and I fulfilled the responsibility with a happy heart. Words make me happy. Getting them printed makes me happy.=)

January 2010: The only month when i did not have this "I wouldn't have survived the month..."-feeling,. New Year's are promising and always radiate hope and positivity. That's why it's my favorite month of the year.=)

Read it backwards so you'll understand my 2010 life story.=p

It seems I get scooped up at every slump, picked up at every fall, painted in radiant colors at every darkness. One miracle at a time. That is how life works.

This year saw me through three companies and career shifts, major quarter life crisis, hardcore confusion, zero personal milestone to celebrate, humble attempts to explore other parts of the world (country muna pala =p) and though I have been selfish pacifying nobody else but myself - this year has shown me nothing but kindness.

And I feel happy that I am ending this year in gratitude.

To You up there, thanks for rocking my world!=)

And just like that, I feel good.=)
Super written in haste. You are free to edit.=)

No comments:

Post a Comment