Friday, December 6, 2013

poetry

i love love words!

Two nights ago, I recited out of nowhere my favorite poems to Alan before saying goodnight. I just thought I missed words that rhyme, how the rhythmic pattern of words roll in my tongue that I needed to say them out loud. I have two poems that need no googling or researching, I still memorize them by heart: 

Tina's Favorite Poems

Ode on Intimations of Immortality (excerpt)
by William Wordsworth

What though the radiance which was once so bright
Be now for ever taken from my sight,
Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;


There is No Frigate Like A Book
by Emily Dickinson

There is no Frigate like a Book
To take us Lands away
Nor any Coursers like a Page
Of prancing Poetry
This Traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of Toll
How frugal is the Chariot
That bears the Human Soul

Being the nag that I am, I forced him to do the same. Share his favorite piece of literature. He has one, to my surprise (I never thought he is into anything literary), only that his favorite left me laughing at the end. I cannot get over it until now.



Alan's Favorite Poem

Untitled
In the brightest day, in blackest night
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might

Beware my power
Green Lantern's Light!

I received an advise from him the day after to please recognize that his favorite poem has a title and an identified author. Green Lantern's Oath by Green Lantern.

At least, the words still rhyme. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment