Saturday, January 5, 2013

Looking for Alaska

via goodreads


Semi Spoilers
Words and Statements I love from Looking for Alaska

1. I go to seek a Great Perhaps – Francois Rabelais
2. Culinary Orgasm. Deep Friend Burrito. The Bufriedo.
3. High School.

4. You’ve got a lifetime to mull over the Buddhist understanding of interconnectedness …but while you were looking out the window, you missed the chance to explore the equally interesting Buddhist belief in being present for every facet of your daily life…Be present in this class. And then, when it’s over, be present out there. Page 50

5. Smoking Hole.
6. Maxx. Subverting the Patriarchal Paradigm.
7. Labyrinth.

8. Thomas Edison’s last words were: “It is very beautiful over there.” I don’t know where there is, but I believe it’s somewhere, and I hope it is beautiful. page 221

9. For she had embodied the Great Perhaps – she had proved to me that it was worth t to leave behind my minor life for grander maybes…

10. Alaska

No comments:

Post a Comment